USA gambling addiction statistics
The biggest and the most powerful country always tends to have the biggest amount of both positive aspects in different life spheres and negative ones. Speaking about the gambling industry, everybody knows that it's essence of such games that leads to negative consequences.
According to American statistics of National Council, 3 millions of adults are addicted to gambling. Another four to six part of Americans are just the mere problem gamblers, who are in one step from being addicted. This is really lamentable to hear, but what to do, if the inhabitants don't see the limit of consumption, that must be balanced and controlled by them. Another unpleasant fact is that 50% of addicted gamblers are women; yeah, these weak creatures are involved in the gambling sphere, maybe because of relationship ruination or some other factors.
It's really hard to abstain from gambling, if you see the signs of it everywhere: on the shelves of the supermarket there are lots of gambling books, that promise to reveal all the secrets to you and make you a millionaire; on TV there are hundreds of different shows, that also try to make you go to the casinos; and even the video games are rated "E", which means, that everybody has a possibility to play. In the USA gambling has just become a glamourized action that swells everybody's status.
Such names as Joseph Hachem that succeeded to be a great poker winner in 2005; Chris "Moneymaker" that has beaten the World Series of Poker in 2004 and Jamie Gold that took $12 million in the casino, make others believe that it's quite possible, and the greed get its way.
- The most innocent gambler has to remember that he has 5% of chances to risk something that will change his\her life.
- In the USA there twice as more addicted gamblers, than cancer patients.
- Americans that live within 50 miles near the casino, have the doubled rate of going there and becoming addicted.
- Each compulsive gambler in the USA just costs the economy approximately $16, 000 per year.
- 25% of addicted gamblers have tried to commit suicide, and Nevada has been the center for such attempts for the last 12 years.
- Harvard research presents that 92% of 80 addicted gamblers tend to relapse.
- Between 4% and 8% of American youngsters become addicted nowadays.
- 672, 000 American college students and 35 millions of teens are addicted to gambling.
American lifestyle is really dangerously affected by gambling. It increases another negative statistics in the USA, such as crime, fraudulence, and it is known that in the USA the cases of bankruptcy are double, due to gambling. Split families, a number of divorcesâ€¦ all the negative outcomes will keep increasing, if the society keeps accepting gambling addiction.